As always, good times at another installment of the Health & Fitness TweetUp. It was even more rewarding since it was freezing outside and the auditorium was nice and toasty!
I chatted about five books that have made a big impact on my day-to-day recently. I thought it was a great way to start off the 2014 series of TweetUps. Here are the books:
- Spark by John Ratey, MD: One of the most influential books I’ve read in the past year. It explains all of the impacts of exercise on the brain and trust me there are plenty of benefits. A must read! See here part1 and 2 of my book review.
- Bounce by Matthew Syed: A great look at how champions are made (hint, it has to do with hard work and lots of practice) and how talent is overrated. See here for my book review.
- Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg: A great scientific look at the habit look and how it affects our lives. Also some great tips to change that loop. See here for my book review.
- Mindless eating by Brian Wansink, PhD: A great book to make us realize we make hundreds of decisions about food everyday and most of them are completely mindless. See here for my book review.
- Audio Wine Course by Mark Phillips: A somewhat silly one to end the presentation. It was an audiobook with a great flow, looking at etiquette. The gist of it is to go and try different wines so you can see what you like, not what reviewers like.
I know I talked about how much I love the library but I did get all of these books in different formats for free at the OPL by the way. So there!
If you want to see some of the action, follow the hashtag #hftott. Stay tuned for the announcement for the next Tweetup, we’re hoping for two installments in the next few months. So much fun in so little time!