I’m bringing sexy back. Or maybe just one of my favourite challenges!
This year it will be extra fun for me since I have the urge to really race for the first time in years. This winter and spring will provide a good platform a 50k in early May and an Ironman 70.3 in June. And yes I’m already registered.
For those new to the game, #31in31 is pretty simple. Get out there for a run every day in January. For the folks around here the weather and conditions will provide some extra obstacles but it’s all part of the fun.
I really enjoyed it the last three years and I actually looked forward to it again this year. Crazy I know… It provided the extra little spark on days where I wasn’t as motivated. Gotta love the power of peer pressure!
Again, I must point out that this challenge is not ideal for a true beginner but I think most runners could do this and actually enjoy it. And it will help in staying injury free, if you look at myself and other continuous runners as examples.
I want to go 31-for-31 again in January 2015. At least 31 runs in 31 days baby!
The rules haven’t changed:
- Run must be at least 30 minutes
- You can skip a day but then you must run on two separate occasions for 30 minutes on a subsequent day
- We keep each other accountable by posting results on FB/Twitter (use #31in31)/blogs
- You can run on the treadmill but just do me a favour and concentrate on form if you do
- No substitution for other sports that don’t include running
- Winner gets bragging rights (and working on prizes for everyone so you don’t have to be local)
So who’s in this year?