So I did another triathlon on the weekend. This wasn’t planned that far ahead but I’m glad I did. I’ll tell you a few reasons why today, a few reasons I wasn’t tomorrow and what I’m planning for the rest of the summer on Wednesday.
First of all, I’d like to thank a few people for making this happen:
- Ford of Canada (and Kristine at Thornley Fallis): Thank you for the great cars and for the experience of Saturday. Much appreciated! And I’m around if you want me to try new things ;)
- Dr. Isaac and Dr. Geoff at Holistic Clinic: Thank you for making me swim (and drive and sleep) pain-free. It’s a lot more fun than carrying a sore shoulder for the rest of the day
- Coach Andrea at B-Train: Thank you for making me enjoy swimming on a weekly basis and for all that you do!
- Superfans Yarrow/Brooke/The Twins: Thank you so much for cheering all morning long on Saturday. It was much appreciated!
- Family and friends: You folks are always so supportive of what I do and it really helps me along. Stay tuned for the next challenge (on Wednesday), I will need your help once again!
I had an okay day on Saturday. It was a great morning for racing and a well-organized race. Seeing some familiar faces is always fun on raceday and takes your mind away from the actual race, which is not always a bad thing.
I was happy about a few things on Saturday’s race. I liked my form (that’s basically all I worked on, thank you ChiRunning) and I enjoyed most of the race (more on that tomorrow). It was also nice to get back out there racing after a few years “off”. I think I got addicted all over again…