This day has been long in the making; It’s my utmost pleasure to unveil my latest endeavour, the Ottawa Wellness Hub! This is a collaboration with my co-founder Tania Fréchette and some of Ottawa’s top health & wellness practitioners.
We’ve checked out the local wellness consulting scene and we were unimpressed. There was a lot of one-trick ponies but no one looked at workplace wellness holistically and professionally.
Leveraging our connections to some of the top folks in the city, we decided to come together over the last six months and offer classes, workshops and retreats for Ottawa’s workplaces. Some of our common traits include our passion for wellness and offering top services.
We will focus on six pillars of health:
1. Stress reduction with meditation, yoga and massage
2. Nutrition such as foods that fuel and healthy lunch ideas
3. Fitness with ChiRunning/ChiWalking and everyday injury prevention
4. Mental health such as lifestyle practices and breathing/meditation
5. Desk health including posture, ergonomics and chair yoga
6. Efficient workplace practices like time management, setting priorities and combating afternoon fatigue
We’re very excited to make workplaces a bit healthier one presentation or retreat at a time since studies show us a healthy workplace is a productive workplace!
We’re officially launching the Hub at tonight’s TweetUp and it’s not too late to sign up. You’ll have a chance to listen to Tania provide some tips for workplace wellness and be entered for a draw for a $50 gift card from our friends at Terra20. Did I mention it’s free? Don’t delay though, it’s happening tonight from 7 to 8:30pm.
As part of our launch we’re also announcing a contest to find out who has the Ottawa’s Healthiest Workplace. Check out all the details on our blog.
And stay tuned, a lot more cool stuff coming your way Ottawa!