Unfortunately I won’t be in town this weekend to take part in the fun but there is proof I took part in last year’s run with tons of friends. See some great reasons from local superstar Joe Rios on why you should take part in this weekend’s Run 4 a Cause:
5. Running with a group of like-minded individuals is 1000 times more enjoyable than running by yourself – and you never know, you might even meet that special someone!
4. Learn about interesting charities and causes in Ottawa. A wide range of causes that touch all areas of our lives will be present: mental health, kid’s cancer, diabetes, youth education, animal care and the list goes on.
3. Exercise in one of the most beautiful parts of the city. Tourists come from all over the world to visit Ottawa and yet this is our backyard and we don’t always take the time to appreciate it. This event is not about running fast – it’s about enjoying the scenery. The 5K run route will pass the parliament buildings, museums, and cross two bridges. Don’t run? That’s ok, bring your walking shoes and enjoy a beautiful 2.5K route along the canal.
2. Fundraising and creating awareness for your favourite charity is hard work. But RUN4AC is the easiest way to do both. Simply wear your jersey/t-shirt and make signs to represent and show your spirit! And then the top three charities with the most participants will walk away with $500 to $1000…just for showing up. Can’t get much easier than that!
Rumour has it that there are one or two groups assembling an army of 75-100 people! Think you can beat that? Who doesn’t like a little bit of competition? :)
1. It’s a FREE family affair. This is an event for everyone. Bring your kids, pets, family and friends. RUN4AC is a celebration of our communities. After our run/walk we will meet on the Rideau Centre Terrace and enjoy some delicious healthy refreshments from VEGA. Plus a little restorative yoga with Nigel to stretch out the legs and find some Zen along with a chance to win some great prizes!
Register now at http://run4ac.eventbrite.ca.
Share the event and get your teams together!
We are going to make history on September 28, 2013 – Hundreds of runners/walkers coming together and celebrating what’s important to Ottawa.
See Joe’s blog for more including maps of the the day’s activities.