This year’s challenge will be a bit different for me since I’m in the midst of my #150in150 challenge. So it will simply be close to marking the halfway point for me. And so far I’ve done all the runs outside, how cool is that?
For those new to the game, #31in31 is pretty simple. Get out there for a run every day in January. For the folks around here the weather and conditions will provide some extra obstacles but it’s all part of the fun. It can also be quite breathtaking, see pic above!
I really enjoyed it the last two years and I actually looked forward to it this year. Crazy I know… It provided the extra little spark on days where I wasn’t as motivated. Gotta love the power of peer pressure!
This is not ideal for a true beginner but I think most runners could do this and actually enjoy it. And it will help in staying injury free, if you look at myself and other continuous runners as examples.
I want to go 31-for-31 again in January 2014. 31 runs in 31 days baby!
- Run must be at least 30 minutes
- You can skip a day but then you must run on two separate occasions for 30 minutes on a subsequent day
- We keep each other accountable by posting results on FB/Twitter (use #31in31)/blogs
- You can run on the treadmill but just do me a favour and concentrate on form if you do
- Winner gets bragging rights (and working on prizes for everyone so you don’t have to be local)
So who’s in this year?
Here’s the note on Facebook to add your name to the list: https://www.facebook.com/notes/eric-collard/31in31-for-2014/10152183943859225